44:74:02:02. Employment of qualified nurse aides required. Nurse aides shall meet the following minimum qualifications of training, competency evaluation, registry status, and performance:
(1) Successful completion of a training program and a competency evaluation program approved by the department pursuant to §§ 44:74:02:07 and 44:74:02:17;
(2) Verification from the department of current registry status or eligibility for inclusion on the registry;
(3) Acceptable employment performance as a nurse aide as documented by the aide's supervisor;
(4) Annual attendance at a minimum of 12 hours of in-service education related to results of performance review and of special resident needs; and
(5) Minimum age of 16 years old at time of employment.
Source: 21 SDR 118, effective January 2, 1995; 29 SDR 81, effective December 11, 2002; transferred from § 44:04:18:02, 42 SDR 51, effective October 13, 2015.
General Authority: SDCL 34-12-29.
Law Implemented: SDCL 34-12-29.
Back to 44:74:02