12-27-8. Limits on contributions to legislative or county candidate or candidate's campaign committee--Violation as misdemeanor. A legislative or county candidate or the candidate's campaign committee may accept contributions during any calendar year as follows:
(1) Not to exceed one thousand dollars from a person, unless the person is the candidate or a member of the candidate's immediate family, in which case contributions may be made without limit;
(2) Not to exceed one thousand dollars from an entity;
(3) Without limit from a political action committee;
(4) Without limit from a political party; and
(5) Without limit from a candidate campaign committee.
Any contribution from a ballot question committee is prohibited. A violation of this section is a Class 2 misdemeanor. A subsequent offense within a calendar year is a Class 1 misdemeanor.
Source: SL 2007, ch 80, § 8; SL 2017, ch 222 (Initiated Measure 22), § 6, eff. Nov. 16, 2016; SL 2017, ch 72, § 5, eff. Feb. 2, 2017; SL 2017, ch 71, § 8; SL 2018, ch 85, § 2.
Get Chapter 12-27