2-1-3.1. Petition to be circulated for referred law--Time for filing. The petition as it is to be circulated for a referred law shall be filed with the secretary of state prior to circulation for signatures and shall:
(1) Contain the title of the referred law;
(2) Contain the effective date of the referred law;
(3) Contain the date of the general election at which the referred law is to be submitted;
(4) Be accompanied by a notarized form that includes the names and addresses of the petition sponsors; and
(5) Be accompanied by a statement of organization as provided in § 12-27-6.
The petition shall be filed with the secretary of state within ninety days after the adjournment of the Legislature which passed the referred law. A sworn affidavit, signed by at least two-thirds of the petition sponsors, stating that the documents filed constitute the entire petition and to the best of the knowledge of the sponsors contains a sufficient number of signatures shall also be filed with the secretary of state. The form of the petition and affidavit shall be prescribed by the State Board of Elections.
The petition circulator shall provide to each person who signs the petition a form containing the title of the referred law; any fiscal note or summary of a fiscal note obtained pursuant to § 2-9-32; the name, phone number, and email address of each petition sponsor; and a statement whether the petition circulator is a volunteer or paid petition circulator and, if a paid circulator, the amount the circulator is being paid. The form shall be approved by the secretary of state prior to circulation.
Source: SL 2012, ch 18, § 1; SL 2016, ch 23, § 3; SL 2017, ch 16, § 9.