23-7-60. Application for gold card permit to carry concealed pistol. An applicant may submit an application to the sheriff of the county in which the applicant resides for a gold card permit to carry a concealed pistol. The application shall include:
(1) The application for the gold card permit to carry a concealed pistol;
(2) A copy of the applicant's fingerprints for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and any governmental agency or entity authorized to receive such information, for a state, national, and international criminal history background check;
(3) An authorization to run a fingerprint background check;
(4) A separate payment for the cost of processing the fingerprint background check; and
(5) A separate application fee of seventy dollars for the gold card permit to carry a concealed pistol. Thirty dollars of the fee shall be distributed to the sheriff, thirty-four dollars shall be distributed to the Department of Public Safety, and six dollars to the secretary of state to be used by the secretary of state to administer the concealed carry program.
The sheriff shall forward the copy of the applicant's fingerprints, the applicant's authorization for processing a fingerprint background check, and the payment for the fingerprint background check to the Division of Criminal Investigation for processing.
Source: SL 2016, ch 132, § 7, eff. Jan. 1, 2017.
Get Chapter 23-7